Salmon in white chocolate, dill and lemon sauce
- 1 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 400 ml fish or vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon juice and zest
- 200 g full-fat crème fraiche
- 250 g white chocolate broken into small pieces
- 50 ml vermouth
- 20 g fresh dill chopped
- 10 g fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 salmonfillets (4 x 140g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Rocket, lambs lettuce or cooked green vegetables, to serve
To make the sauce
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion until softened.
- Add the stock and simmer until reduced by two thirds.
- Add the lemon juice, zest and crème fraiche and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the white chocolate in a large bowl and pour in the onion mixture, whisking well until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Add the vermouth, herbs, pepper and salt and stir to mix.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until needed.
To make the Salmon
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, season the salmon and fry for 2–3 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve the salmon with the potatoes, sauce and rocket, lettuce or vegetables.